Friday, October 24, 2014

Trick or Treat- Card Tutorial #11


     Hi crafters!  Welcome back to the Halloween Haunts series.  I can't believe Halloween is only a week away, this month seems to be flying by.  Only three more cards left next week before we're off to a whole other set of festivities.  Today's card includes copic coloring, a technique I can't seem to be getting enough of as of late. 
I love the new orange copic combination I've discovered recently!
     I elected to use my traditional Neenah paper to make a top-folding A2 card for this Halloween item.  To make a background piece, I selected a piece of We R Memory Keepers Bewitched pattern paper and ran it through my die cutting machine with a Lawn Fawn stitched border die.  I decided to use another Lawn Fawn die, the polaroid, to be the focal point of the design.  I used my Lawn Fawn Spooktacular Stamp set to emboss the die with the 'TRICK or treat' sentiment.  Next, I stamped the pumpkin and witches hat image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  To color the pumpkin I used YR04, YR07, and YR18.  The hat used four shades of violet (V01, V04, V06, V09) and two shades of grey (C5, C7).  To dress up my traditional vellum polaroid backing, I pulled out the bat images from another Lawn Fawn set (Happy Haunting) and stamped them in black StazOn ink.  After adhering everything down, I decided that the card still needed a little something.  I wanted to try a new technique with my copic markers, so I broke out my flat back pearls and coated them with YR04, YR07, and Black 100.  After adhering the pearls in little clusters, the card was complete!
The completed Halloween number
     Thanks for stopping by today friends!  I hope you have a great (and busy) week leading up to Halloween. See you soon!
estimated time= 35 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment