Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Happy Haunting- Card Tutorial #9

     Hey crafters!  It's double post day!  I hope you don't mind, I decided to do some copic coloring on both of the cards (what can I say...I'm addicted). In this first card, I took the coloring a step further to create a three-dimensional piece.  I love creating little elements like this house ahead of time whenever I have a spare moment.  It makes it so much easier to throw together a quick card if I'm crunched for time.  Speaking of being efficient, let's get to it!
I just love the dimensional look:)
     To begin, I cut and scored a standard size top-folding card from black Bazzill cardstock.  Next, I ran a piece of Neenah Solar White 80 lb cardstock through my Sissix with a cuttlebug honeycomb embossing folder.  I decided it was about time I began my coloring.  Using my Memento Tuxedo Black ink I stamped the house image from the Lawn Fawn Happy Haunting set three times.  I used C1, C5, and C7 to color and shade the grey areas while Y15, and Y17 worked out perfectly for the windows.  Using an exacto knife, I cut out each layer of the house and pieced them together with foam adhesive.  To finish up the house, I coated the windows with the Kuretake Zig Wink of Stella Glitter Brush pen in clear and topped that in glossy accents.  Leaving that to dry, I turned to creating the sentiment.  I use a sentiment from the stamp set with StazOn black ink.  To finish up the sentiment strip I cut a banner edge on the right side and added a bakers twine bow on the left.  After adhering everything down, I decided that a white stitched border was necessary (what a shocker).  
The finished card business

     Thanks for stopping by today friends!  I hope you stay tuned for the next installment of Halloween Haunts later today!
estimated time= 60 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment