Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Spooky Science-Card Tutorial #10

     Hey friends!  Welcome to my double card Wednesday!  For my second card today, I decided to crack open a new stamp set.  I love these test tube images from Inkadinkado.  They are such a unique visual that still are super fun and fitting for a lighthearted Halloween stamp.  Additionally, they give me the opportunity to do some great, big copic coloring using nontraditional Halloween colors!
I love the bright colors on this card!

     I decided on a Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardbase to make a top-folding A2 card.  For the patterned paper I selected a sheet from my We R Memory Keepers Bewitched 6x6 paper pack.  Then, I got started on my coloring.  I stamped four of the test tube images on to Neenah Solar White 80 lb cardstock.  The colors I used were YR04, YR07, YR18 (oranges), YG03, G14 (greens), B00, B02, B04 (blues), and V04, V06, V09 (purples).  After fussy cutting the images and adhering them with foam adhesive, I painted the entire image with my glitter brush pen.  I knew I wanted to use the 'Happy Halloween' sentiment from the collection, and decided to emboss in white on to black card stock to give a blackboard-ish look.  I then broke out my black and white bakers twine to tie a bow and finish off the project!
This card is perfect for any little (or big) kids
     So that finishes up today's double dose of Halloween fun!  I hope you all enjoyed it and I will see you back here Friday for the next Halloween escapade!
estimated time= 40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment