Saturday, October 17, 2015

Another Insignificant yet Tremendous Crafting Achievement

     One of my very favorite feelings is that of (even arbitrary) achievement.  Luckily, crafting provides a perfect opportunity for this, as each time I finish a project I not only get to experience the joy of a (hopefully) beautiful aesthetic creation, but also the rush of pride that accompanies putting a thing out in to the world.  To heighten this even more, I often love to set arbitrary challenges for myself.  Challenges often help me jump-start my creativity when I get in a bit of a rut artistically, beyond their simple benefit of the completion-rush.
     All this brings me to my recent predicament, and sudden triumph in the way of crafting challenges.  Due to my previously mentioned Tuesday Morning obsession, I have managed to amass a fair amount of Christmas paper (yes, by fair amount I mean an ungodly sum).  I am the typical crafter in that I love to horde my supplies, especially when it comes to the gorgeous papers that are put out in Christmas lines.  In addition to this collectors mentality, I also am way to eager to dive in to new supplies, frequently jumping from collection to collection as I acquire new things.  This results in crises of scraps that, though I endeavor to organize them, often sit for months at a time.  Additionally, despite my seeming constant crafting, I am embarrassed to admit that I have never finished an entire paper pack. 
     Due to my current excess of Christmas paper, my desire to buy more, my plethora of scraps, and my seeming inability to use all the paper from a pack, I decided to set myself upon working my way through an entire paper pack.  I started my task on a softball: Crate Paper’s Bundled Up collection.  
The paper pack from the http://crate.typepad.com/cratepaper/2013/07/my-entry.html blog
     It’s not hard to imagine working through all of this paper.  Though the fact that I have the 6x6 version from this collection is a definite help, it is also absolutely adorable and thus not hard to utilize.  After a mini album, 10 tags, and a very useful hexagonal punch card design, I knocked out all of the paper.
     Now that I’ve finished, I love looking at all the different incarnations of the collection in different styles of paper craft.  This among many motivations fueled me to continue on with this paper collection-finishing business.  I have now set my eyes firmly upon the Heidi Swapp Believe collection.  I picked this paper up years ago at Michaels, and it was one of my first when learning to make cards.  I’ve whittled my way down to the last few basics papers, which I think can be easily mixed with many other collections.  I can’t wait to continue on this path of completion, as I have felt quite stalled in my creative life as of late.  (My extended) Christmas season is coming right around the corner, so it’s about time I kick my crafting operation in to high gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment